PDA

View Full Version : Command Line Calculations

matt.bellenoit
2004-08-25, 03:37 PM
A nice feature to update would be to simplify the 'cal function on the command line... it would be nice to simply type 2+2 and get 4... (kind of similiar to how the 3D packages work)

noit

Wanderer
2004-08-25, 03:53 PM
A nice feature to update would be to simplify the 'cal function on the command line... it would be nice to simply type 2+2 and get 4... (kind of similiar to how the 3D packages work)

noit
most people don't even know that there is a cal command, they definately have a lot of room to improve on this feature.

matt.bellenoit
2004-08-25, 03:56 PM
In addition to not even have to type 'cal when you are asked for a value... just type...

eg. >> Enter Distance: 2+2

noit-2

jaberwok
2004-08-25, 04:26 PM
I put 'cal on a button. Also *25.4 and *12.7 on other buttons. Good for inch/mm conversions.

John B

Mike.Perry
2004-08-25, 04:42 PM
Hi

Something very similar was a major request here on the AutoCAD Wish List before the WittyWorm struck.

Basically the CAL command should be given a full Dialog Box face-lift/update (if one AutoCAD has been crying out for a Dialog Box it's been the CAL command)

+

Greater functionality

+

The Dialog Box would be fully integrated with all commands

If I remember correctly Autodesk themselves asked for user feedback on this item, Ed Jobe and myself had just responded, then the WittyWorm struck :evil:

:beer: Mike

bweir
2004-08-31, 08:28 PM
I aggree the CAL command can use some improvements. I like to use it to find points by such methods as (END+MID)/2 and so forth... One little problem is that the CAL command does not snap the same way that you do when you are drawing objects. This leads to misscaluclating points sometimes.

I'd like to see the snapping in the CAL command improved before a dialog box.

tlewald
2004-09-08, 12:28 PM
CAL command is great - just wish they would add more functionality and allowed us to use it within more commands.