PDA

View Full Version : template project nav file

sschleper
2008-01-25, 08:07 PM
I am new to PN and i want to create a template PN so everyone in the office can simply use that file when setting up a new project.

1) is that the best way to go? or is it just best for each person to set up a project from scratch?

2) if the best way to do start a new project thru PN is with a temp file is there some where i can find the steps to do so?

thanks in advance!!!
Samantha

dzatto
2008-01-25, 08:51 PM
I am new to PN and i want to create a template PN so everyone in the office can simply use that file when setting up a new project.

1) is that the best way to go? or is it just best for each person to set up a project from scratch?

2) if the best way to do start a new project thru PN is with a temp file is there some where i can find the steps to do so?

thanks in advance!!!
Samantha

Well, she FINALLY told us her name. :roll: :)

Anywho, as far as I know, that would be the best way. When you open the project browser and create a new project, a window pops up so you can give it a name, job number, and description. There is a check box at the bottom for "create from template project". Then there's a browse window so you can find the template project. That's how I did mine. I just used the first project I did as the template project.

I think y ou could take it a step further and delete all of the drawing info in the files and make it a blank template. I didn't do that, but I probably should. I'll add that to my to do list.............

Keep in mind I'm a PN newbie also, so I may be telling you wrong! :?

sschleper
2008-01-28, 08:50 PM
dzatto... I have some sad news!!!!

I told you in the other thread you would most likely be seeing me around but that may not be the case unless you will be learning Revit with me? I got offered a new position at a firm closer to home. So i have to switch my learning curve. I of course i have no intention of dropping ACA 2008 like a bad habit but i will QUICKLY have to start learning Revit!

Good luck being the PN newbie.. as for me i am off to the scary world of being the Revit newbie!!! Hopefully i will see you and everyone else around!

Samantha

dzatto
2008-01-28, 11:07 PM
dzatto... I have some sad news!!!!

I told you in the other thread you would most likely be seeing me around but that may not be the case unless you will be learning Revit with me? I got offered a new position at a firm closer to home. So i have to switch my learning curve. I of course i have no intention of dropping ACA 2008 like a bad habit but i will QUICKLY have to start learning Revit!

Good luck being the PN newbie.. as for me i am off to the scary world of being the Revit newbie!!! Hopefully i will see you and everyone else around!

Samantha

Was it something I said? :shock:

Yeah, I wish I was on Revit. :| Maybe one day.