PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT NAVIGATOR PALETTE

josh.stoll
2008-01-30, 05:28 PM
How can I teach myself how to use this. I want to learn about it and how to PROPERLY used it in which it was intended for. MEP08 tutorials is a joke and I don't want to pay $600 for a 1 day class that is also a JOKE. Anybody got any ideas on how I can concentrate my learning on just this subject.

stelthorst
2008-01-30, 07:46 PM
How can I teach myself how to use this. I want to learn about it and how to PROPERLY used it in which it was intended for. MEP08 tutorials is a joke and I don't want to pay $600 for a 1 day class that is also a JOKE. Anybody got any ideas on how I can concentrate my learning on just this subject.

Hi Josh,

There was a pretty good class on the Project Navigator (PN) at this years Autodesk University (AU). If you have access to the AU website look for class number AB210-1L "A Quick Spin On AutoCAD Architecture Project Navigator" by Reid Addis

If you don't have access to the files PM me and I'll send you the handout.

Hope this helps,

ed.76566
2008-01-30, 07:56 PM
Subscription customers can use e-Learning for AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite (AutoCAD Revit Series - System Plus)

All new content has just been posted

Ed

david_peterson
2008-01-30, 08:13 PM
Best places I've found for PN info are Paul Aubin's book, and the ATP classes here. Book costs about $60 and comes with a CD of examples/tutorials. Also as mentioned about there are also some on the Adesk website. ATP classes on Project Navigator are free. You can also download Chapter 5 of Paul's book online for free which gives you the best Theory of PN you'll find IHMO. Hope this helps.

Edit:
Geeze, where are my mannors today.
Welcome To Augi and Congarts, it's not quite a first post that counts, but it will soon.

Please note that I've moved this thread to the PN Forum as I think it will be better placed there.

dzatto
2008-02-01, 06:16 PM
I learned from Paul's book and many questions here at AUGI!
The book is well worth the $60.

markjohn.perry
2008-06-17, 09:41 AM
Most of my users grew up on a two tier system - master drawings (constructs) being xrefed into sheets. So I always get asked - what’s this view thing about, what they should be saying is what’s that sheets thing about, as the construct and the views most closely mirror the old two tier process.

To "get" project navigator (in my humble opinion) you only need to get the overall concept.

Constructs are the physical stuff walls doors windows

Views are where the annotation goes on ; the constructs are recombined and sections of the resulting drawing are defined to appear in the deliverables.

That’s pretty much it

As for sheets well that sits outside of the core working process. This simply is a menu of deliverables from which you can choose to print \ publish from - and dam good it is too.

PS - Where's that spell checker gone - dou