PDA

View Full Version : Autolisp help - inserting block names at startup

bschaeffer62144
2004-08-26, 06:17 PM
I want to have a block name inserted at startup, not placed in the dwg. Ex. If hit insert and then browse for a block and insert it into the drawing it keeps it there for the next time I want to use it in the drawing so I don't need to do a browse again. I want to eliminate the browse part and have certain block names loaded when I open a new or existing drawing. Can this be done? My lisp writing is limited. Thanks

Mike.Perry
2004-08-26, 06:36 PM
Hi

Check out the following Submission # EX001233 by Ed Jobe on the AUGI Exchange Page -

AUGI Exchange Search Page (http://www.augi.com/exchange/search.asp?page=415)

Have a good one, Mike

bschaeffer62144
2004-08-27, 12:48 PM
Thanks, but that's not what my co-worker is looking for. He wants to already have the blocks loaded and just use the pull down to get what he needs when he needs it. I know the browse is easy to use but he is trying to eliminate a few clicks. Can the blocks be loaded to be used at startup automatically?

Mike.Perry
2004-08-27, 01:07 PM
Hi

Maybe look at creating an Image Menu OR use the AutoCAD Design Center (._Adcenter) OR use AutoCAD Tool Palettes OR....

Have a good one, Mike

sinc
2004-08-28, 06:06 AM
You can load blocks into your drawing template, and they'll be in the block table of any new drawings you create. You can also create default layers, load default text styles, etc.

mjfarrell
2004-08-28, 06:22 AM
I agree with Richard, why invest energy in
a programmatic solution, when it can be done
within your template file from which you create
your drawings.