PDA

View Full Version : Open GL not available and program running slow?

patricks
2008-02-21, 03:05 PM
This morning when I opened a Revit file, I noticed the program running pretty slowly, i.e. when panning the entire view would go blank until I released the middle mouse button. Same in a 3D view, when hitting Shift + Pan to spin the model, the whole view would go blank until I stopped spinning the model, which makes it pretty much impossible to see where I'm looking on the model.

When I went up to the Graphics options, I noticed the Open GL option was grayed out. Now I've been running with this turned off anyway for the past few months due to some prior issues, but I know for a fact that I should at least be able to turn it on, as I'm running an nVIDIA Quadro FX550 graphics card, which does indeed support OpenGL.

This behavior was happening with both local files on my hard drive and files on the network server.

So I did a few things like rebooted, ran virus and spyware checks, updated my Spybot S&D and rebooted a couple more times, and now Revit seems to be running fine, and OpenGL is now available to be turned on.

Any idea what could have been wrong?