PDA

View Full Version : Adding to a dwg that was created with quickpen

christina.mccaffery
2008-03-05, 06:33 PM
Our company uses two different Autocad add ons, One is Quickpen 3D Duct, and the other is CADWorx Plant. We were going to try and combine our projects, so we could have buildings with ductwork and pipe going through out. but when I went to add pipe to their 3D Ductwork I couldn't snap on to anything, nor could I move any of their objects. I tried to move a piece of duct , it looks like it is moving until I click to drop it. then it disappears. Is there a way to put the two together? (moving the duct is not important, I just need to add pipe to it)

dgorsman
2008-03-05, 07:24 PM
Do they (Quickpen) use standard AutoCAD objects, or their own custom ones?

christina.mccaffery
2008-03-05, 07:33 PM
Do they (Quickpen) use standard AutoCAD objects, or their own custom ones?
I'm not sure how it works, if it's like cadworx they probaly have toolbars/buttons that you pick for each object. We have cadworx plant toolbars but both programs use Autocad as their base.
When I open Autocad then open a drawing I've done in Cadworx I can move pipe pieces around and I also can snap to them

jaberwok
2008-03-05, 07:36 PM
Try LISTing some of the objects. You'll probably see "custom object".

christina.mccaffery
2008-03-05, 07:40 PM
This is what i got when I clicked on a piece of duct:
<<Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY Layer: "XDUCT-SUPPLY"
Space: Model space
Handle = 11569
DXF name: QPENDDENTITYRECTDUCT
Class name: CQpenDdEntityRectDuct
Application name: QPENDDDBAPP" "
Product Desc: DD3D Entity" "
Company: QuickPen International" "
WEB Address: http://www.quickpen.com>>

jaberwok
2008-03-05, 08:19 PM
You don't have Quickpen running so what you are seeing are proxy (stand-in) graphics. Try with Quickpen running - I still expect that you will see "custom object" though.

christina.mccaffery
2008-03-06, 02:29 PM
Thats the problem, I don't have quickpen, my coworker does in another building. there are only a certain amount of licenses. the other bldg uses quickpen/acad, and we use cadworx/acad. We are trying to combine our projects

ayakus
2008-03-06, 02:59 PM
If you are using ACAD 2008 there is an object enabler that might help. I am a new Quickpen user and have been going back and forth with them about needing to have an enabler for older version so we can do coordination with other trades. You can get the enabler from the link below.

http://www.quickpen.com/support/downloads/dd3d.htm

I tried opening a drawing that I saved back to an older version and couldn't move any proxygraphics either unles you explode them which stinks.

christina.mccaffery
2008-03-07, 12:59 PM
Thanks I'm going to try that!

christina.mccaffery
2008-03-12, 06:58 PM
Thanks I'm going to try that!
Ok well I got the problem fixed on my end, but when I sent the drawing back to the quickpen user she couldn't attached anything to her ductwork. any ideas?

jaberwok
2008-03-12, 08:04 PM
Tell your boss you NEED Quickpen.