PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Color Control For Linked Revit Files

dlevesque
2008-03-06, 04:27 PM
When exporting a 3D Revit project (Shared Coordinate setup) with multiple Revit links the non-link (new phase) file goes out according to the dwg mapping file correctly. Any additional Revit linked (new phase) files are being assigned a different color, in this case #10.

The goal is to have all our new steel export cyan regardless of being linked or not in the Revit project.

I searched the Mapping file for #10 assignment ,but it is not listed anywhere. Is there any API coding that automatically changes a linked Revit file to a different color?

Because of this we have to extract each Revit model one by one to achieve correct mapping for client deliverables.

Or am I just missing a control of some sort

Regards,
Dan Levesque

twaldock
2009-01-08, 01:26 AM
We are also suffering with this problem. I see that no one answered this thread last year, so I guess there is no solution? What seems to be happening is that Revit creates additional layers (with a numbered suffix) for each linked file, and these additional layers do not follow our layer mapping file. For example, we set Walls to export to a layer called "A-WALL" which should be colour 4, bur the end result has additional layers called A-WALL1, A-WALL2 which seem to have different colours assigned to those layers. I guess it is possible to change those colour assignments in Autocad, but that is a tedious manual process.

m20roxxers
2009-01-10, 12:38 PM
The only way I have gotten around this is by binding the models then exporting entire project as an AutoCAD File, while it is still a pain it works pretty well as we have a beast machine that speeds the binding process up.