PDA

View Full Version : Applying different material to faces of 3Dsolids

spacedecor
2008-03-07, 04:19 PM
Ques: Is there any way to apply a material to one face of a 3Dsolid without exploding it? For example - I have a cube that has 5 stone tile faces and 1 wood grain face. I just noticed that drag-n-drop tends to apply to the entire object.
Ans:

The best way to do it is to first select the face using the Ctrl + pick and drag-n-drop from the Material Editor or a material from a pallette to the selection.
***ps** You can see one of autocad 2008 sample file.Sorry i don't remember file name but i think meeting room drawing that include meeting wall(solid) with two materials(1.concrete texture wall 2.paint).this option is very good method of autocad 2008.

jaberwok
2008-03-07, 08:26 PM
How about changing the colours of the faces (possible since R13) and applying the materials "bycolor"?

spacedecor
2008-03-09, 02:47 PM
How about changing the colours of the faces (possible since R13) and applying the materials "bycolor"?
You can change colours of solid faces by apply material(for render) by solid edit(for model) but i don't know surface(like as multi surface in 3ds max).First you will make new material and default is by object.You will uncheck byobject and determine by deffuse colour as you like.Second my previous post with you can apply materials by colour.

jaberwok
2008-03-09, 05:31 PM
Are you asking a question or making a statement?

spacedecor
2008-03-10, 02:26 PM
Are you asking a question or making a statement?
Sorry that is my question for materials to multiface but fortunately i can solve myself.So i want share to all member with my old question and answer...
***ps** I have still problem that is when i use multi face material my project file with save and close.Next when reopen my project file and multiface material is "one material".How i do multi solid face apply material option get when I reopen my project drawing.

jaberwok
2008-03-10, 07:55 PM
Sorry that is my question for materials to multiface but fortunately i can solve myself.So i want share to all member with my old question and answer...

Ah. Good, thank you. Perhaps this would be better in the the "Tips" thread.