PDA

View Full Version : Moving items between Worksets

ron.sanpedro
2008-03-07, 06:45 PM
Given a file with items on a number of worksets, and of course some items on wrong worksets, I am having trouble moving items between Worksets in a constant way.
20% of the time I can select an item, edit Properties, and change the Workset the item is on.
80% of the time the Workset is grayed out in Properties, and the only option is to make sure the correct Workset is Active, then Cut and Paste Aligned Current View.
However, I can't figure out why the former works when it does.

This is a file in which I am the only person working. All worksets where created by me.

Anyone have any insight here?

Thanks,
Gordon

aaronrumple
2008-03-07, 06:55 PM
Are you selecting walls that have automatic infills from a demo? If so - you cannot change their workset properties. They will be what the parent is. So you select all the walls to change the workset and the box is unavailable for change. A big PITA. Now you have to go around and select all the walls and NOT the infills. Slow, slow, slow.

Or you grab some annotation or detail item along with the model stuff. Worksets not editable. At least you can use the filters on this selection.

Or you haven't borrowed the object yet. You have to borrow it before you can change the workset. Why Revit doesn't just borrow it on the fly, I don't know.

ron.sanpedro
2008-03-07, 10:03 PM
Or you haven't borrowed the object yet. You have to borrow it before you can change the workset. Why Revit doesn't just borrow it on the fly, I don't know.

Good call. If I have both the Workset the item is on, and the Workset I want it on, checked out, then I am golden. Funny tho' I thought the whole point of borrowing was that you didn't need to check out Worksets, just grab objects. But it seems that the Workset property requires you check out the whole Workset. Bummer, and a bug in my opinion. If someone has either Workset checked out, I should be able to add or remove items, but if no one has a Workset checked out, I should be able to change that in properties with no problem.

Thanks,
Gordon