PDA

View Full Version : Move Rectangle

cwhitaker
2004-08-31, 06:18 PM
I drew a rectangle and now i want the user to move it to where ever they want. I can move the rectangle but i was wondering if it is possible to have the rectangle move with the pointer so the user can make sure there is plenty of room. Like it does when you run move from the command line. Any ideas? Thanks

Ed Jobe
2004-08-31, 06:41 PM
I'm afraid some have attempted some workarounds, but the short of it is that the vba api doesn't have that capability. I believe Tony Tanzillo's library (www.caddzone.com) enables this but it is not free anymore.

cwhitaker
2004-08-31, 07:02 PM
Thanks i figured i was just missing something.

ntaylor
2004-09-02, 12:11 PM
I'm afraid some have attempted some workarounds, but the short of it is that the vba api doesn't have that capability. I believe Tony Tanzillo's library (www.caddzone.com) enables this but it is not free anymore.
Hi Ed,
As you would be aware a kludge is to use SendCommand which is no good if you need to do stuff after the command is complete, know if the command was cancelled or get returned objects. I am looking at a very serious work around which I have made a little headway on if it is successful I will post it for people to use or tell me whats wrong with it.
Regards - Nathan

RobertB
2004-09-02, 03:28 PM
I believe Tony Tanzillo's library (www.caddzone.com) enables this but it is not free anymore.

Nor is it even offered anymore. Tony stopped development on the AcadX extension.

ntaylor
2004-10-07, 12:20 AM
Hi Ed,
As you would be aware a kludge is to use SendCommand which is no good if you need to do stuff after the command is complete, know if the command was cancelled or get returned objects. I am looking at a very serious work around which I have made a little headway on if it is successful I will post it for people to use or tell me whats wrong with it.
Regards - Nathan As promised http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=360974
Regards - Nathan