PDA

View Full Version : New Annotative Text Doesn't Show Up in Viewport

GreyHippo
2008-03-17, 03:35 PM
If I have an existing drawing that is using annotative text styles and if I add an mtext object in model space that uses the current annotative scale it does NOT show up in the viewport. I have to RESET the viewport scale for the mtext to show up, this is usually a pain because the viewport is locked therefore I have to unlock it, update scale then re-lock it.

I would prefer not to have to update the viewport, I think it should always show all text with the same annotation scale.

Is there a fix for this?

Ed

dzatto
2008-03-17, 05:27 PM
Are you adding the current scale through the right click menu?

GreyHippo
2008-03-18, 04:07 PM
No, I use the OBJECTSCALE command.

I think the problem might be that the viewport is slightly out of scale (Example: Viewportscale = 1"=50.002').

CADDmanVA
2008-03-18, 04:55 PM
No, I use the OBJECTSCALE command.

I think the problem might be that the viewport is slightly out of scale (Example: Viewportscale = 1"=50.002').

That's the problem right there. Annotative Scale is down right picky about the scaling factor, and the Scale's name. Be sure they all match or you'll keep running into this problem. FWIW, I had to set up our template again with the proper Annotative Scales canned to keep users from having this problem.