PDA

View Full Version : Modified TT Family

tyler.wandschneider160323
2008-03-20, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty new to Revit Structure so my explanation of my problem may be long winded. I have this bridge that I'd like to model. It's a simple pedestrian bridge and the main span is much like a double tee. I just need to modify the profile a little; basically change deck thickness, stem height and add a curb along each side of the length. My question is how can I modify an existing TT type and make those changes stick so I can click the beam button and select my new type and point drag and click to the desired length? If this is a long process please direct me where to get started.

Thanks.

Tyler

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-20, 05:41 PM
If you have already the beam in place, you can click one of them and select Edit Family.

Once in the family editor, you have to select your beam and edit. It will probably be a Sweep. Editing a sweep, you will find a path and a profile. What you need to edit is the profile. Sometimes the profile is created outside the family (as a profile family) and loaded into the main beam family. Or you can just select "Sketch Profile" and draw the one you want. You might want to add dimensions, parameters, to it too.

Fisinsh your sketch. and save your family givinng it a new name. Load it into your project and select the beams you have already in place. Select the new beam from the list and that's it.

Andre Carvalho

tyler.wandschneider160323
2008-03-20, 08:24 PM
That works thank you.