PDA

View Full Version : Breaking - Entire Wall Dimensions

noah.bartnick
2008-03-25, 06:46 PM
When dimensioning, is it possible to 'break' an individual dimension reference from an entire wall reference. To avoid repeat dims. from one string to the next.

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-25, 06:59 PM
When dimensioning, is it possible to 'break' an individual dimension reference from an entire wall reference. To avoid repeat dims. from one string to the next.

Can you be more specific on what do you want to accomplish?

Andre Carvalho

noah.bartnick
2008-03-25, 07:19 PM
If I am dimensioning and using the entire wall option, it indeed dims. the entire wall. Let's say I wanted to eliminate one of the witnesses from that entire string of dims. For exampe, the string reads ...12'-0", 6'-4", 8'-8", .... I do not want to have the 6'-4" dim. on this string because it is repeated on the next level of dims. Am I able to remove this dim.?

Henry D
2008-03-25, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately not. You can't break a dimension string ... you have to redo the entire string in order to eliminate a middle dimension. It's a bit of a pain.

Carlos GT
2008-03-25, 08:49 PM
This could go in the wishlist for the next release...

russell.eckstein
2011-04-22, 03:13 PM
Couldn't agree more for the wishlist.

Scott D Davis
2011-04-22, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately not. You can't break a dimension string ... you have to redo the entire string in order to eliminate a middle dimension. It's a bit of a pain.

While you can't "remove" the entire middle dimension to make 2 separate dim strings, you can get rid of the middle dimension which "heals" the rest of the Dim String back together.

Highlight the dimension, then right click on the Blue Grip dot on the witness line, and choose "delete witness line" from the right click menu.