PDA

View Full Version : Don't purge the current layer key

kevin.bell.72378
2008-03-31, 07:51 AM
Description:

The current layer key as specified in 'AECDWGSETUP' can be purged out of the drawing - this should not happen as its being used (as it is current).

How Used:

To remove unused styles I open style manager right click on the drawing name and select purge - I then purge everything. Obviously styles which are being used are not purged out - but this isn't the case for the Layer key style - as the one which is set to current can be purged.

Feature Affinity:
Styles and layers.

kevin.bell.72378
2008-05-13, 09:41 AM
To the people who have clicked 'No it isn't' in the poll above.

I'm wondering how this isn't a problem - surely you want the ability to purge the whole drawing in one go and surely its a problem if it removes something that’s being used?

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? How do you guys deal with the removal of the current layer key when purging?

dkoch
2008-05-14, 11:56 AM
The office standard Layer Key Style is set up as the auto import style, and gets imported automatically in the event that it gets purged. Not only that, but if it gets changed in the network-based source style, the updated version will be automatically imported.

kevin.bell.72378
2008-05-27, 09:10 AM
The office standard Layer Key Style is set up as the auto import style, and gets imported automatically in the event that it gets purged. Not only that, but if it gets changed in the network-based source style, the updated version will be automatically imported.

I see - you mean via the Layering tab in Drawing Setup - I'll try that now.

... Nonetheless, ACA still shouldn't purge something which is being used - IMHO.

Thanks for the tip!