PDA

View Full Version : autolisp help

guyogordo
2004-09-02, 11:29 PM
Please help;
I know very little about lisp but I want to learn. I was looking for the archived courses but was stopped at there page. How do I sign up for past courses?
I am trying to do a quick fix to a lisp program a fellow worker wrote for acad r14 but it dosen't work completely or correctly in 2k5.
I want to suppliment the original acad menu with his but it seems to work only with his or nothing at all (Acad 2k menu is completely gone) .
All of the icon menu buttons except the lisp in his program are question marks.
Most commands work fine but ...... of course, there are some that are out to lunch.
I don't know where to start. It is written in asci sp..

Thanks.
Guy

mjfarrell
2004-09-03, 02:46 AM
Take a look at the following:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2881361&linkID=2475323

And please post the LISP code here for use to review and suggest the
required corrections to bring it into compliance with your current version.

Mike.Perry
2004-09-03, 08:01 AM
Please help;
I know very little about lisp but I want to learn. I was looking for the archived courses but was stopped at there page. How do I sign up for past courses?
Hi

Have a browse of the following thread -

Learning Lisp (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4657)

Have a good one, Mike

jwanstaett
2004-09-03, 01:14 PM
Have you gone thru the AutoCad Visual LISP Tutorial

guyogordo
2004-09-03, 02:26 PM
I am working on it but get impatient and jump over to the problems that I listed in the post. I want to know and do everything yesterday.

RobertB
2004-09-03, 02:37 PM
I want to suppliment the original acad menu with his but it seems to work only with his or nothing at all (Acad 2k menu is completely gone) .
All of the icon menu buttons except the lisp in his program are question marks.

Leave the Acad.mn* files alone. Create a new menu for your customized stuff, and use the MenuLoad command to load the partial menu. I strongly advise reading the Developer's Guide (F1) on Menu Customization.

BTW, please try not to mix topics in your posts. You have one LISP question and one Customization question.

guyogordo
2004-09-03, 02:51 PM
Sorry. That was my first post; I'll try not to do that again.

ddavebrown
2004-09-11, 12:39 AM
Guy,
Look...just give up. You don't have a chance. You probably don't remember me but I'm the guy who can't stand Autocad 2000 and works in ver. 14.

Ddave

mjfarrell
2004-09-11, 12:52 AM
I still want to see the code, and the mnu files involved here.
If he wont share that data how can we be of help here?
I see at least two issues here; a modified menu and possibly
some errant LISP code.
Without the data we're throwing darts at tadpoles.
This isn't as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

guyogordo
2004-09-20, 12:15 AM
Thank all for your help,

I was asked not to share the codes, so --- I won't. Long story.

Although I did shoot darts with the #5 woman player in the country, I honestly did not correlate the similarities between the two. Easy to repair? I didn't know, that's why I asked.
I signed up for the lisp class there at AUGI and am currently working with the tutorial in Acad. I know that I can learn allot with the group and hope to join in more as I become more acquainted with the process.

Thanks again
Guy