PDA

View Full Version : Simple Field on Dyn.Block Question

abouzane
2008-04-03, 03:32 PM
i have an invisible attribute.
i have a field inserted in mtext that reads the 'value' of the attirubte.

the field doesn't update with the value of the attribute, only its default value.

please see the attached detail i'm working on. once working i will apply this theology to title marks etc.

does this make sense? its a dyn.blk with lookups to adjust the detail scale, since attributes don't scale with the scale action in DB, i am forced to use plain-jane text with field.

help please.

jmctamney
2008-04-03, 03:58 PM

the field doesn't update with the value of the attribute, only its default value.

please see the attached detail i'm working on. once working i will apply this theology to title marks etc.

does this make sense? its a dyn.blk with lookups to adjust the detail scale, since attributes don't scale with the scale action in DB, i am forced to use plain-jane text with field.

help please.

I tried this same thing a few weeks ago. Couldn't get anything to work. Hopefully someone has an answer.

abouzane
2008-04-03, 04:02 PM
for my info....

you can't scale an attribute in the block can you?

Chris.N
2008-04-03, 04:57 PM
for my info....

you can't scale an attribute in the block can you?
yes you can, it's just trickier than "normal"

Chris.N
2008-04-03, 04:59 PM

help please.you HAVE to use all attributes. that's part of the problem.

the biggest part of this issue you have, is that attribute properties goes against logic in some ways.

this is a popular topic (depending on who you talk to) have you found the other threads related to this by searching?

abouzane
2008-04-03, 06:31 PM
Thanks Chris,

after trying for my final time before i 'osnaped on that bhatch' i finally got to get the attributes to scale with the other objects.

locking the position of the attribute is critial, elst the scale action won't select/scale the attribute.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

Thread resolved