PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of legacy tin reference

ddoucet
2008-04-03, 04:28 PM
Greetings.

Is there a way to fuse the legacy tin external references into your surfaces? I do not want to have to send out the extra files to clients. Just want to send out the DWG.

Thanks

sinc
2008-04-04, 12:19 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "legacy TIN external surface", but if you are trying to convert a DREF into a surface defined inside the current drawing instead of in your DREF drawing, promote the reference (right-click on the surface in Prospector and select "Promote").

brainman1000
2008-04-15, 09:20 PM
I was just looking at a surface created from a tin file. I found that when you do this the file size it huge. What you want to do is extract the points from the surface and then re-create the surface using the extracted drawing objects. When I did this my file size was cut from 8.5MB to 2.0MB.

Harold Pei Jr
2008-04-16, 01:36 AM
Greetings.

Is there a way to fuse the legacy tin external references into your surfaces? I do not want to have to send out the extra files to clients. Just want to send out the DWG.

Thanks

Wait, external reference? If that's the case, I'd just copy and paste. Or bind and burst.