PDA

View Full Version : Bear with me, I'm new to VBA...

droak
2004-09-03, 11:32 AM
Hello:

Bare with me, I'm new to VBA so I may have several very basic questions in the next few weeks.

I am using AutoCAD 2004.

Here is the most basic of questions. I've looked through several resources and they describe saving an application the same:

1) "Click on the FILE menu and select SAVE. "
2) "If the Application has not been save yet, the SAVE AS dialog box will appear..."

Well, I do not get the SAVE AS dialog box. When I click the File menu, the only save option I have is SAVE <filename.DWG>. I don't have an option to save my application as <filename.DVB>.

Obviously, my question is "How do I save my application as <filename.DVB>?

Thanks for your assistance and patience.

Darrell

jwanstaett
2004-09-03, 01:09 PM
use the VBA Manager to load unload and saveas

RobertB
2004-09-03, 02:00 PM
That operation should be performed from the VBAIDE (Visual Basic for Application Integrated Development Environment) window.

droak
2004-09-03, 02:07 PM
I had been trying that, I seem to have remember that from some coaching from a long time ago.

I did just successfully save an application. It seems I have to high-lite the Project within the Project Explorer Window prior to clicking the FILE menu.

It's the simple things that are bothersome!!!

droak
2004-09-03, 03:46 PM
If you don't mind me asking, Is there a dramatic difference between getting to the Visual Basic Editor by VBAMAN or VBAIDE except an extra click?

Darrell

Ed Jobe
2004-09-03, 03:54 PM
Just the number of clicks. I prefer Alt+F11, standard for most windows apps. You can also customize your keboard shortcuts to use any key. I used to use just F12, but got a new machine and just havn't done it yet.