PDA

View Full Version : How many required signatures

theron.j.bliss
2008-04-04, 11:57 AM
I've been tasked to start a new global design group and come up with standards and practices.

I have not been able to find ISO, ANSI or other standard to tell me how many signatures are required on official drawings. I always thought it was three, but was recently told it was by company practice. I figure there has to be some stipulation.

TIA.

Mlabell
2008-04-04, 12:09 PM
I've been tasked to start a new global design group and come up with standards and practices.

I have not been able to find ISO, ANSI or other standard to tell me how many signatures are required on official drawings. I always thought it was three, but was recently told it was by company practice. I figure there has to be some stipulation.

TIA.

Welcome to AUGI! The amount of signatures depends on the discipline(s) involved on the project, the municipalities involved, the firms requriements and the clients requirements.

jaberwok
2008-04-07, 12:23 PM
Three will usually be the minimum but the maximum must be related to the number and complexity of organisations involved.

cadtag
2008-04-07, 04:13 PM
presuming you're talking AEC and not manufacturing, then just like in Real Estate, the important factors are location, location, location. the number of signatures required, their format, and other requirements will vary by jurisdiction, agencies involved, local laws, etc. IMHO it's not possible to define that as a 'global' requirement.

brad.hofman
2008-10-06, 03:43 PM
there could be several approaches...our state requires a signature on each wet stamp...new language concerning digital signatures removes that requirement and leaves that decision to the professional...some of our stampholders here want to affix just one digital signature/certificate per multi-page plan set, although their stamps will appear on each page