PDA

View Full Version : New to PN - ACA2008

acote
2008-04-14, 05:10 PM
I have been studing Project Nav. in ACA2008 and have a few issues.

I understand the concept but things do not make sense.

When dragging constructs into views for a three story building the elements that are attached to the constructs do not show, no red circles of death nothing. Went back to the construct to make sure all xrefs are attached not overlays and ran an audit that found no errors. Viola the elements show, till I close are reopen the view that is.

When dragging the constructs into the view they do no come in at the correct elevation. The basement plan is at 0,0,0 vs 0,0,-10'-0" as it should (I think). So if I set my cut plane to 3'-6" above the third floor its actually the second floor.

If I specify a cut plane 3'-6" above the basement level, which is only exteior walls I see the basement walls and the AEC objects and ceiling cut boundary for the bathrooms on the third floor??

I will suddenly get the red circles of death at which point I have to close the view and reopen.

Am I missing something fundemental here or is it just me??

ACote

david_peterson
2008-04-14, 06:11 PM
A few things to think about here.
First off, I'd go take a look at Paul Aubin's website, and download Chapter 5 of his book. Explains just about anything you may want to know about PN.
On the first question, my guess is that you don't have the cut planes set to the correct elevaiton.
Second, I'm not sure how you are building your model, but I wouldn't build it in one piece like what was typically done in the past. One floor per construct. when you go to create your elevation view, it will ask you what floors to include. The 2nd floor plan should relate to the 2nd floor level. Make sense. They set this up so it would be easier for most archies to draw walls at 9' tall not 9'-18".

As far as missing something fundamental, the composite model is actually a view, not a construct. Again, read Pauls Chapter 5 available for free download on his web site.

Hope this gives you a little insight.

HeribertoOlivo
2008-05-08, 07:05 AM
Thanks David Peterson for the resource information. It is always good to review from different sources.