PDA

View Full Version : New Computer

patagoniadave
2003-07-28, 01:14 PM
Alright, I messed up the poll, but here was my question. I am shopping for a new computer, I have a reasonable budget of around $3,000 American. I want a screamin machine, optimized for graphics and cad, and to include firewire and dvd burning. I also like the idea if multiple monitors, would like to run my four 21" monitors, but don't know how a quad head card stacks up againt the duallys as far as cost vs performance. I am capable of building my own, but don't know what the cost savings would be, and don't know if it would be worth it to not have a warranty that would allow me to blame things on other. As mentioned in another post, I am toying around with the thought of one of those mini portables, or alienware style laptop, but don't know if I can get the same machine for the money. If I save enough money, then I can get a Wacom cintiq tablet.

So here is my question, if you could get any computer today (within my budget) what would it be, and more importantly, why? Thanks tons I am very confused. :?

Lashers
2003-07-30, 08:43 PM
D,

4 21" monitors???!! How many eyes do you have? Sell 2 and put that towards getting the Wacom.

I build my own, not because I can save money (which I can anyway) but so that I can get the exact components I want. Those mini systems are cool, but can you get a screamer in there?

I can't think up a spec at the moment, but will try to drop you my thoughts later . . .

Lashers