PDA

View Full Version : Project Navigator and Relative Paths

burchd
2008-04-22, 08:30 PM
I am having some constructs and elements showing up without relative paths. At first i thought that it was related to upgrading old projects. Now im not sure.

how do you force xrefs to be relative in project navigator.?

Thankyou...

Steve_Bennett
2008-04-22, 08:54 PM
In project Properties toggle the option for relative paths to No, save changes and let it repath, then toggle back to relative and it will repath all xrefs established by the project.

burchd
2008-04-23, 01:10 AM
Thankyou... That works great...

any idea why sometimes on a project it would flip back to non relative paths?

I have a couple of examples where at first i thought were conversions from older PN.

As i look closer, i am finding projects started in 2007 which some of the xrefs are relative and others are fixed. The users involved swear that they have not directly xrefed anything into the project.

Steve_Bennett
2008-04-23, 06:03 PM
Thankyou... That works great...

any idea why sometimes on a project it would flip back to non relative paths?

I have a couple of examples where at first i thought were conversions from older PN.

As i look closer, i am finding projects started in 2007 which some of the xrefs are relative and others are fixed. The users involved swear that they have not directly xrefed anything into the project.I don't know why they would switch. I would start looking to see who was last editing the file and see if it is the same person everytime or not.