PDA

View Full Version : TIP - Importing Drawings into Project Navigator

burchd
2008-04-25, 04:01 PM
Good morning,

After having discussed this problem with several of my users, I found that understanding this was not as common with my users as I had thought and i though i would share this with everyone here.

To import a drawing as either a Element, or a Construct, I create a new element or construct file and then change the template to the drawing that I want to import.

This creates a new file from the existing file, but names it and creates related xml files. you can then delete the imported file.

If anyone else has any good tips on how to do this I would love to hear them.

dzatto
2008-04-25, 04:03 PM
Good morning,

After having discussed this problem with several of my users, I found that understanding this was not as common with my users as I had thought and i though i would share this with everyone here.

To import a drawing as either a Element, or a Construct, I create a new element or construct file and then change the template to the drawing that I want to import.

This creates a new file from the existing file, but names it and creates related xml files. you can then delete the imported file.

If anyone else has any good tips on how to do this I would love to hear them.
I just right click on either the element or construct heading in the constructs tab, then choose "save current drawing as construct (or element)". Is that not what you are talking about?

HeribertoOlivo
2008-04-25, 05:56 PM
Yes, I think the save current drawing as construct option is a lot easier. That's the one I use too, but it is always good to hear different ways to do the same thing. I have to say that setting the imported file as the template for the construct is a nice and creative manner to do it.