PDA

View Full Version : Location for fonts

JasonSelf
2004-09-08, 08:03 PM
I had a really bright idea, and thought I had a way of doing it....I was wrong.
I would like to have a folder located on our server (this is a mapped drive) and in it would be all the fonts that we use in our office. I thought that if I added the location of that folder to the support file search path then they would automagically appear in autocad...I was wrong. I was wondering if anybody knows how I can re-map this directory, or add an additional directory to where autocad looks for fonts....by the way I am using 2004 and 2005 on all of our workstations.

Thanks,
Jason Self

Ed Jobe
2004-09-08, 08:09 PM
shx fonts can be anywhere, as long as you add the folder to the support files seach path. TTF fonts have to be installed and they end up in the windows %SystemRoot%\Fonts folder.

JasonSelf
2004-09-08, 09:34 PM
yeah, thats what I thought. I basically took my fonts folder from within autocad and copied it to our network drive. Then mapped that in the support folder to all of the workstations. That is not working and I am not sure why. I guess I am going to have to dig a bit further

Mike.Perry
2004-09-08, 09:56 PM
Hi

Just so I understand, is the below something similar to what you've done?

1. Created a Font Folder on the Network ie DriveLetter:\CustomCAD\Font

2. Placed all .SHX files in the above folder.

3. Within AutoCAD you've added the newly created Font Folder to the AutoCAD Support Search Path (via Options Dialog Box).

Have a good one, Mike

JasonSelf
2004-09-09, 03:36 PM
exactly

Thanks,
Jason

Mike.Perry
2004-09-09, 03:48 PM
Hi

And the Network Font Folder has been added to everyones AutoCAD Search Path?

Is AutoCAD just not looking there?

Have you tried adding a Third Party Font (SHX) to the Network Font Folder ie the Third Party Font *only* exists in that one location. Is the Third Party Font then available within AutoCAD?

What you are doing sounds correct and should work (it's how we have things setup here).

Have a good one, Mike