PDA

View Full Version : Using AutoCad 2005 Mechanical

frank.scharber
2008-04-28, 11:50 PM
I recently was hired via a jobshop to work with version 2005. Not to knock the company but they do not have an AutoCad expert in house to help with questions. My computer has so many AutoCad errors it is rediculus for instance today I could not load the weld symbols to use, or balloons. Can anybody out here help me?

BrenBren
2008-04-29, 03:09 PM
Were you getting an error message? We need a little more information to be able to help you out. Are you sure you are using the mechanical profile (or a profile created while using the mechanical profile) and not the vanilla profile?

Maybe check support paths and make sure they are correct, and that you have access to those support paths.

frank.scharber
2008-04-30, 06:37 PM
Yes I am using the Mechanical profile. The error message was cannot load "amweldsym".
Today it is working, Why? When this happens should I just reboot AutoCad?

BrenBren
2008-05-01, 03:40 PM
Yes I am using the Mechanical profile. The error message was cannot load "amweldsym".
Today it is working, Why? When this happens should I just reboot AutoCad?

That's always my first course of action if something isn't working correctly. I've had those types of errors occur occasionally. I've never sat down to figure out why they didn't load correctly, I just figure something "hiccuped" when I was loading AutoCAD, so I restart it.

I also keep a backup profile, just in case :)