PDA

View Full Version : Project Number

burchd
2008-04-29, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on a quick way to change the project number of a project using project navigator?

All of our files use the project number as part of the name. when i create a new project from the old, using a template, the file names are not changed....

I think that all of use using PN understand this.

I am looking for a quick way to align file names with the actual project number.

We sometimes have conditions where we have one project, that turns into another building, of a different project number. In this case, the project was started using a wrong project number.

I will look forward to your clever ideas...

dzatto
2008-04-29, 03:33 PM
Do you plan on upgrading to 2009 any time soon? If so, it's been taken care of. There is an option in the project properties to have the project number as a prefix to your file names.

Other than that, I guess you'll be doing a lot of right click renaming! I don't see another way to do it. Why do you need the job numbers to prefix the file names anyway?

burchd
2008-04-29, 05:08 PM
not soon, no, but sometime....

The project number thing is an IS policy that requires the project number as part of the file name....

Right clicks in PN only changes the name, but the project number as part of the file stays the same.

Pain in the tuccas.....

dzatto
2008-04-29, 05:31 PM
not soon, no, but sometime....

The project number thing is an IS policy that requires the project number as part of the file name....

Right clicks in PN only changes the name, but the project number as part of the file stays the same.

Pain in the tuccas.....
Yes sir, yes it is. You'll need to change each name in the file, then repath it. What a pain in the rump!!! I'd talk to the boss about either going to 2009 now, or forgetting the number in the file names. I still don't see why it's needed in the file names. It's linked to a project, and the project has a number. It's not like you can easily cross link drawings. ~shrug~

burchd
2008-04-29, 06:03 PM
arrg... well i was hoping that was not the answer....

thanks ever so!!1

dzatto
2008-04-29, 08:14 PM
arrg... well i was hoping that was not the answer....

thanks ever so!!1
Well don't give up hope yet. I jUSt don't think there's a way. Maybe David Peterson or David Koch will know of a way. They'll be in here soon enough.