PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Townhouse Design

GeL
2003-07-29, 02:03 PM
Preliminary design in progress-don't laugh. :D :D

I may sound silly but can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to model road kerbs correctly? I was thinking of site in-place family but I am sure there are better ways.

Cheers

Allen Lacy
2003-07-29, 02:31 PM
There are component curbs of different shapes and sizes at www.rugi.org in the download section (site>parking) as well as a profile of a curb/gutter that could be used as a sweep at the edge of a topo.

The rendering looks good. Great sky. Not sure about the police car in front of townhouses, what kind of neighborhood is it? :wink:

GeL
2003-07-29, 02:56 PM
Thanks AL

Funny you should ask about the neighbourhood. Must be the works of the sub-conscious mind. The car was removed before the presentation. ;)

Cheers

christo4robin
2003-07-29, 04:38 PM
I like that sky effect. How did you do it?

C

GeL
2003-07-30, 12:02 AM
The sky effect was created within Revit automatically under enviromental settings. I was meant to use an image as the background but haven't found a suitable one yet so this'll do me fine for the moment. :)

J-G
2003-07-30, 01:41 AM
ya the police car is the first thing I noticed...it definitely sets a tone...I would probably park a Audi in the front...but that is just me :wink:

timothyj67
2003-07-30, 08:52 AM
it looks like the sky was done in Photoshop.
I do like the cop cars kinda gives you a real feel to everything..
Just am wondering what phase you have them in, kinda seems all grey to me.

PeterJ
2003-07-30, 10:44 AM
I found those cars were all set to defaut materials. You may be better off downloading some cars from Accustudio and downloading their materials library, you will get a better finish that way. I think the cars are as 3D studio or AutoCAD meshes so they came in easily enough. I can post here for you if you like.

P

brentcarlson892079
2003-07-30, 03:06 PM
The sky effect was created within Revit automatically under enviromental settings. :)

Do you mind sharing your settings for the sky?

GeL
2003-07-31, 02:49 PM
I found those cars were all set to defaut materials. You may be better off downloading some cars from Accustudio and downloading their materials library, you will get a better finish that way. I think the cars are as 3D studio or AutoCAD meshes so they came in easily enough. I can post here for you if you like.

Please do by all means. I am sure noob Reviteers like myself would appreciate it very much. :D

I remember a while ago when I tried Archicad, their cars are trully parametric in a sense that the headlights turns on automatically when rendering night scenes. Is there such a thing with Revit?

For those who have asked about my sky settings :

Environmental section

Main tab:
Select the following-
Automactic sky
Clouds

Clouds tab:
Check Sheet Clouds
Density 0.2
Transparency 0.1
Horizon 0.1

Color : R255, G131, B42

Play around with the colour to get it more fiery if you wish.

Remember before rendering set the time to nightfall. :)

Have fun.

Cheers

PeterJ
2003-07-31, 03:15 PM
You could probably embed a light inside the car, using nesting, or just place one inisde it in the current model, such a fitting could then be switchable at your choice so the parked cars lights are off and the driving cars are on.

Next I want to see you add flashing blue lights to the cop car

GeL
2003-08-01, 12:02 AM
You could probably embed a light inside the car, using nesting, or just place one inisde it in the current model, such a fitting could then be switchable at your choice so the parked cars lights are off and the driving cars are on.

Next I want to see you add flashing blue lights to the cop car

I supposed anything is possible but I really don't like the idea of looking for specific lights to turn it on or off if you know what I mean.

Creating a flashing blue light for the copper's car would be so cool and to top it off have a wailing siren sound running left to right in stereo. :D 8)

Cheerio