PDA

View Full Version : Timeliner link to Primavera - HELP

rrijswijk104343
2008-05-13, 11:23 AM
We are using NavisWorks for some time now and are creating a link to Primavera for the first time, now.
We installed Navisworks 5.4 (still we did not receive 2009) and after that Primavera Contractor R5. Both on one PC.
Next tot that we checked whether the ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 have been installed (they were) and installed the Primavera SDK.

In NavisWorks we now try to Link to Primavera. However, we receive the following error message when we select the DSN within Navis and press OK (see attachments)

(both user name and password are blank)

We checked our ODBC-links, and could not find any solution yet.

Is there anyone using Primavera with Navis!!!?

amixam
2008-05-13, 01:07 PM
I'm using P6 and Manage 2009. You need to provide the same username and password you use to login to Primavera. When you install the SDK there is a section to define both. You also might want to try using "admin" for both username and password as that is the sometimes the default.

rrijswijk104343
2008-05-14, 06:01 PM
Thanks amixam,

it was the username and password that went wrong

Renzo

leann.lee
2009-07-14, 11:19 PM
i have problem to link primavera p6 to naviswork.

we are trying to link a Primavera v6 file to Navisworks 2010,
but are not having any success.

we can select the primavera file from a list of projects (see image 01 attached) from within navisworks -

the program does some think-time and reports that status is not available
see image 02

amixam
2009-07-15, 01:08 AM
The P6 file is actually loaded at this point. All you need to do is right click and select "rebuild task hierarchy from link". All of your schedule tasks should now be listed under the Tasks tab.

Cheers.

nneela1
2009-10-16, 05:15 AM
Hey,

I am student at lsu, working on integrating primavera and Navis works. I got the integration of p6 and NW done, but is there anyway that i can get a sample of Primavera schedule and a drawing associated to the schedule to look at. It will be helpful, so that i can look into it for my schedule creation. My email is nneela1@tigers.lsu.edu. If anyone has a sample can you email it to me.

Thank you in advance

Naren.

skbkadiani905517
2011-03-17, 08:53 PM
The P6 file is actually loaded at this point. All you need to do is right click and select "rebuild task hierarchy from link". All of your schedule tasks should now be listed under the Tasks tab.

Cheers.

I am trying to link P6 V6.2 with Navisworks 2011.

Once I load the project, the link appears.

Step 1: click on Rebuild Task Hierarchy from Link

Step 2: Select Primavera Project again.

Project tries to load and the following error appears

"Server busy.

This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to active the busy program and correct the problem.”

We can neither close the error or work on Navisworks. Only way to close the program is to start the task manager and End Navisworks.

CAN YOU HELP?????