PDA

View Full Version : Host sweep - wall sweep @ wall ends

christo4robin
2003-07-29, 04:30 PM
If you need wall base or a chair rail, etc. to wrap around the end of a "wing" wall (a configuration like this |- ), the sweep will only attach itself to the interior and exterior of the wall.

If you place a sweep on each side, then select the sweep, then in the options bar select change sweep returns, then click the end of one of the base sweeps adjacent to the "end" of the wall, you will get a 90degree return that you can grip edit to about the midpoint of the "end" of the wall. Do the same process for the base on the other side of the wall. Then use the join geometry command and voila! Wall base on the end of a wall!

Christopher

christo4robin
2003-07-29, 04:32 PM
Another note, wall sweeps can only be added in 3D views or elevation views. Furthermore, if you "orient" a 3D view to "Top", it doesn't work. you have to be in a axo/iso orientation.

christopher.zoog51272
2003-07-29, 06:30 PM
nice tip, thanks! :D

dzambaz1763
2003-08-24, 02:58 PM
( second attempt to reply, the first one was sabotaged by my cat :D )

i LOVE this one! hey Christopher, well done ! :D
I tried it just now - both on wall hosted sweeps as well as in the wall editor - works great!
the only thing i have trouble with is to do the same with a reveal ( now dont tell me I will never need that ! :lol: ) but somehow - it doesnt work.. Did you manage it with reveals as well?
thanks again, great tip![/quote]

HawkeyNut
2007-01-24, 04:49 PM
If you place a sweep on each side, then select the sweep, then in the options bar select change sweep returns, then click the end of one of the base sweeps adjacent to the "end" of the wall, you will get a 90degree return that you can grip edit to about the midpoint of the "end" of the wall. Do the same process for the base on the other side of the wall. Then use the join geometry command and voila! Wall base on the end of a wall!
This is a great tip! I've struggled with this one before. Nicely done! (Yet another example of me not paying close enough attention to the options bar at the top.)

soman
2008-12-22, 06:09 PM
This is a great little trick. I'm only having one problem...getting the geometry to join so that you don't see the line where the two bases meet. I created the base sweep in the wall structure. Should I have applied the base seperately to the wall in order to get this to work?

Thanks!

William Troeak
2008-12-23, 01:55 AM
Great tip......this will come in very handy for me.