PDA

View Full Version : plotstamp directory getting marked read only?

JasonSelf
2004-09-10, 02:08 PM
I have a lisp routine that runs at startup on my users machines. This program is designed to define and set our plotstamps. For some reason on a couple of machines the directory that stores the plot stamp information is locked. This throws autocad into a frenzy of sorts when it opens a drawing and pops the help system open on the machine (due to the lisp continuing when the prompts didn't match up anymore. Does anyone know how or why this directory would go read only in the first place?

Thanks,
Jason

sinc
2004-09-11, 01:50 PM
I don't know why it goes read-only, but I've had it happen to me, too. I couldn't change my plot stamp settings until I figured out what was wrong. At the same time, it put a bunch of garbage in my log file path (which was locked in until I figured out the problem, since the log file path is not editable while this file is read-only). It was quite annoying.

There's a bug report about it in the Autocad knowledge base that was filed 4 years ago, so we probably can't expect this problem to be fixed any time soon.

hot4cad
2004-09-17, 01:36 AM
The pss file will go to read only when you uncheck the plot stamp option, close AutoCAD and reopen. If the plot stamp is always checked, it works ok. Because we plot 8x11.5's with the plot stamp off and AutoCAD might get closed in this state it became a problem for us. I wrote a lisp to autorun on startup to reset the read only status of the pss file to resolve the issue.

Notes:

1. Requires Express Tools be installed
2. Uses an external error handler (chETRAP) - you'll need to provide your own
3. CLFN passes the lisp name to the external error handler
4. chGVARS is an external utility to get variable settings for all my lisps
5. chRVARS is an external utility to reset variable settings for all my lisps

(defun c:chResetPSS ( / CLFN)
(setq PERROR *error*) ; Get previous error
(setq *error* chETRAP) ; Set error trap
(setq CLFN "chResetPSS") ; Set current lisp name
(chGVARS) ; Get system variables
(setvar "cmdecho" 0) ; Turn cmdecho off
(acet-file-attr (findfile "lb.pss") 0) ; Reset Read Only
(chRVARS); Reset system variables
(setq *error* PERROR) ; Reset previous error
(prompt "\n. ") ; Clear the command Line
(prompt "\n. ") ; Clear the command Line
(princ) ; Nil supression
) ; End defun
(prompt "\n chResetPSS.lsp Loaded")
(prompt "\n Written by G.L. Chip Harper")
(prompt "\n ")
(C:chResetPSS)
(princ)

JasonSelf
2004-09-17, 01:28 PM
thats great, thanks a bunch for the help.