PDA

View Full Version : Creating multi-platformed surface

aquavitae69
2008-05-21, 08:44 AM
I need to design a surface for a bulk earthworks exercise consisting of a number of platforms at different elevations, with constant gradings between, and I'm struggling to find the best way to do this. Possibly the easiest would be to manually create each point on the surface, but it wouldn't be as dynamic as I'd like (i.e. I wouldn't be able to adjust gradings, platform elevations easily). My other idea was feature lines and gradings, but I can't find how to do this when the feature lines get this complicated. For some reason I can't seem to upload a picture of what I want, but imagine a building build on a slope, each room at a different level.

Any suggestions?

brainman1000
2008-05-21, 03:24 PM
You could use a single rectangular feature line for each pad elevation and add all of them to a single surface. That method focuses on the pads and letting the slope between fill in on its own. Or, you could use a feature lite at the top or bottom of the slope between the pads and create a grading object that would define the slope between the pads. That method focuses more on the slope. Personally, I would create a rectangular feature line for each pad.

aquavitae69
2008-05-22, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. That does sound like the best way. I also tried corridors, but they require a lot of extra work - profiles, assemblies, etc, and end up quite messy.