PDA

View Full Version : Log Home

kevin.heidemann
2008-05-21, 08:52 PM
Hello all.

I just finished these renderings of a log home I am designing for myself. House was designed and rendered in ACAD2008

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Kevin

Filipe Francisco
2008-05-21, 11:45 PM
Nice Renders

Good Job

Cheers :beer:

ronie_ernanto
2008-05-22, 10:27 AM
Cool...I love the coral stone.

How much money to build a home like that?

spacedecor
2008-05-23, 09:20 AM
Hello all.

I just finished these renderings of a log home I am designing for myself. House was designed and rendered in ACAD2008

Thanks,
Kevin
I feel myself i am cowboy.Good!Go on to your best.Experience and practice are lead to best.

BrenBren
2008-05-28, 11:14 AM
Hello all.

Thanks,
Kevin

I just have one question - when can i move in :)

Very lovely...

robert.1.hall72202
2008-06-02, 01:04 PM
Build me one? Nice job.

Matt777
2008-06-04, 04:36 PM
Hello all.

Thanks,
Kevin

That house is pretty sweet! I don't know much about rendering, but I like the way it looks.

markwise
2008-06-30, 07:21 AM
Nice. I didn't know Autocad could do this sort of rendering. So far I have found the Sun light and visual styes. They look good. How do you do the rest, like sky and grass.

ronie_ernanto
2008-07-04, 01:49 PM
Nice. I didn't know Autocad could do this sort of rendering. So far I have found the Sun light and visual styes. They look good. How do you do the rest, like sky and grass.

We can add the sky background through the view dialog box. Grass is a material map attached to an object, just the same with the wall, roof & chimneys.

kevin.heidemann
2008-07-08, 04:04 PM
All of the materials used in the rendering are from pictures of actual objects - wood, carpet, grass etc... The sky was also an actual picture that was applied as a background. AutoCAD does have some standard materials but I found that the Bitmap images from the photographs are much more realistic. If you decide to use photos, make sure they are taken with a high resolution camera (8 megapixels or higher). This will give you very good quality renderings.