PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX1000

barathd
2004-09-12, 12:21 AM
Has anyone tried out the Logitech MX1000 "laser" mouse?

Wes Macaulay
2004-09-12, 09:30 AM
We've got one in our office -- the scroll feature is cool but not a to-die-for feature for Revit.

As usual, this mouse kicks the other mice soundly. I haven't got one on my workstation, so I don't know if the extra buttons can be reprogrammed like the MX510, another great mouse from Logitech.

barathd
2004-09-12, 05:36 PM
Wes:

Thanks for the feedback. I am presently using the MX500 - great mouse. No point in replacing the existing - have something else I need to work with - catch the next thread.

Regards

Dick Barath

kleenhippie
2004-09-12, 07:04 PM
Being new to my CAD job, (1 yr) I was wondering what you guys think about the MS Trackball Explorer ? It's all I've ever used, and the other guysin the office just use plain old mice. Mouses? Mices?

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-12, 07:16 PM
FWIW, I could never get used to trackballs (or those silly finger joysticks on laptops for that matter):screwy:

I use a Wacom tablet and occasionally a mouse. If you are comfortable and productive with the Tball then stick with it. If you aren't sure...try some others and see what happens.

One of my past co-workers switched from using a mouse on her right to a trackball on her left (carpel tunnel issues). Try being a tech support person for that situation...using an input device your not comfortable with and setup for a "lefty"...I usually just told her to "drive"...and I'd "backseat drive".:-)

PeterJ
2004-09-12, 08:49 PM
I have used trackballs of one sort or another for several years now. Love 'em. Much better than mice in my experience but they benefit more from optical technology than mice as the non-optical ones get dirty quicker than a mouse ball because if the grease in your fingers - or have I just let go an embarrassing personal hygiene secret?

I use both Microsoft and Logitech and the MS one is a more comfortable hand fit for me in long term use but has less functionality than the logitech. If the logitech is comfortable then it's a good buy.