PDA

View Full Version : PDF, color fill & transparency

ron.sanpedro
2008-05-28, 05:20 PM
When printing to PDF with just about any PDF option, I have found the resulting file to maintain transparency of the 'paper', which makes printing to PDF great for then compositing images in InDesign. However, i am finding that any Color Fill seems to break this. And since I have a bunch of colored plans using rooms and color schemes, which then need to be composited, this is a hug problem. My assumption is this is due to the kludge in how Revit does color plans, much the same as Revit has to turn off floors to make it work. That said, anyone know of a way to get an alpha channel in a PDF out of Revit under these conditions? Ideally without rasterizing the PDF in PhotoShop? As far as I can tell I can't set the alpha channel color in Illustrator or InDesign.

Thanks,
Gordon

sfaust
2008-05-28, 06:15 PM
I'm guessing that it has to do with vector/raster printing. I think that any view with shadows or shaded display prints raster rather than vector automatically. it may be the same with color plans. If that's the case that would be why you're getting the "paper" in the pdf file. As far as how to get around it, I don't really know illustrator or indesign that well, but it's easy in photoshop, and it's raster anyway...