PDA

View Full Version : LT to AutoCAD

g.crank
2008-05-29, 01:10 AM
A course to help users to transition from LT to AutoCAD.

I manage the day-to-day running of AutoCAD for Toowoomba Regional Council in Australia. Our Council is the result of the amalgamation of eight smaller councils, many of which were previously using AutoCAD LT. We have staff of varying degrees of expertise and also I have never used LT so I am not aware of it's limitations.

The course might be able to help the users directly or explain to me the differences so that I can assist them.

Thank you

jaberwok
2008-05-30, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately, it's a moving target. Every version of LT is different; every version of full acad is different. Every version of LT is more different from every other version of full acad. Some version changes in either are major, some are hardly noticeable and the tools that your people do or do not need will depend very much on the types of work you do.
So a course would really need to be tailored to cover moving from a specific version of LT to a specific version of acad within a specific industry.

I think your best bet will be to speak to your local reseller and arrange a custom course for all your people.

Filipe Francisco
2008-05-31, 08:04 AM
... We have staff of varying degrees of expertise and also I have never used LT so I am not aware of it's limitations.

The course might be able to help the users directly or explain to me the differences so that I can assist them....

It's easy, LT dont have 3D and Programming languages (vba, lisp, etc...)

Cheers :beer:

rkmcswain
2008-06-04, 02:18 PM
The course might be able to help the users directly or explain to me the differences so that I can assist them.

FWIW - here is a detailed list of the differences between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, based on available commands and sysvars.

http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/2008/05/autocad-2009-vs-autocad-lt-2009.html