PDA

View Full Version : Terminal problems!

C011n
2008-06-06, 10:57 PM
I have a problem trying to show a terminal on more than one page, for example the internal connection may be on a different sheet to the outgoing (field) connection. When I generate a table view it creates two terminals instead of one. This is for example a 0V connection in a bank of terminals with a terminal jumper.

Thanks in advance
Colin

RenataP
2008-06-13, 04:22 PM
Are you using two terminal blocks or just showing one on the most likely sheet then using power flow’s (signal source and destination arrows) connecting to the next sheet?

C011n
2008-07-02, 07:39 AM
I am using two terminal block symbols to represent one terminal block, when I generate a table I get multiple connections shown.

stanwile
2008-07-08, 12:02 AM
I have been working with this exact problem for one of our customers.

I have been playing with "Link Terminal Number" to text to try to create a dummy terminal or parent child relationship.

I have not had the time to look into this as deeply as I would like. If someone has a better way I would love to hear it.

Stan Wile

Dinochrome
2011-03-07, 10:22 PM
Looks like this thread has been dead for a while.

I have a co-worker who is experiencing problems with inserting sheets. The rail numbers become confused. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

EDIT - System specs - AutoCAD 2011 Electrical - Windows 7 - HP EliteBook 8540p

RenataP
2011-07-29, 01:55 PM
I have been working with this exact problem for one of our customers.

I have been playing with "Link Terminal Number" to text to try to create a dummy terminal or parent child relationship.

I have not had the time to look into this as deeply as I would like. If someone has a better way I would love to hear it.

Stan Wile

Would it not be easyer to just insert a terminal with no attributes? for example the HT0_02 block. This still breaks the lines and looks like a terminal yet is not assesed in the table view.

RenataP
2011-07-29, 02:03 PM
Looks like this thread has been dead for a while.

I have a co-worker who is experiencing problems with inserting sheets. The rail numbers become confused. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

EDIT - System specs - AutoCAD 2011 Electrical - Windows 7 - HP EliteBook 8540p

This thread should be moved to its own as it deals with inserting sheets and the line numbering.
As to your question, yes I have had this issue. One of the main actions I use when creating a new sheet is to copy my project sheet. This is a drawing I make at the beginning of the project with line numbers and drawings runs with source / destination codes. This is a time saver for me. As to fixing the issue with rail numbers, just right click on the top number, select edit component. Then the dialog box, “ Modify Line Reference Numbers” comes up. I simply select the Redo for both. This updates the sheet.