PDA

View Full Version : Existing & Design Elevation Section Labels

calissem
2008-06-11, 05:01 PM
I need to add a label on each cross section that shows the existing and finished design elevations at the centerline. Where do I do this? Also - where do I add cut and fill quantities to show on each section?

calissem
2008-06-11, 06:02 PM
Okay - Ifinally figured out how to add the existing and design labels using the Sections- Add Labels command and I made a style for it. Still can't figure out the cut/fill labels if anyone has any ideas.

Anthony Rhodes
2009-04-18, 02:55 AM
I hate to bring up an old post but the OP asked the same exact question I have. How do I label existing and finished grades at CL of a cross section? I can do it with the add labels command but I was hoping to add the label automatically when the cross sections are cut. I would also like the label to update automatically as the design changes. This is where the add labels command falls short.

Thanks for your time,

brian.hailey933139
2009-04-19, 03:34 PM
Bands is the way to do it. You can create a band that only displays the centerline elevations of both existing and proposed.

anujkumar_pec
2010-05-14, 03:30 AM
Can we have Existing and Proposed design labels automatically at Centerline,Lip of gutter, Face of curb, back of curb etc. At present I am getting labels at interval mentioned in major and minor station.
Thanks in advance

tntdraftsol
2010-05-14, 08:50 PM
There are several different ways to get section view labels. Depending whether you have a corridor or not you can have the code style set up to show labels, or you can apply labels to any surfaces you include in your sampling. These would be another option to the data bands that Brian suggested. Usually for our agency's purposes we don't have enough room on our cross section sheets to include any data bands.

I've found that most labels can be applied/manipulated by right clicking on any already created sections and selecting Section View Group Properties. Under the Sections tab you can see that for surfaces you can select "change labels" and for corridors you would apply a new code style. Hope this helps.

jeff.248668
2010-07-28, 01:40 PM
I have a style I have set up to add some existing elevation labels. The plans are almost complete and I don't want to have Civil 3d re-draw the sections in case something goes wrong.

Is there a way I can add the new label style to all sections in one step rather than clicking "Edit Labels" and adding the new label style to each section individually?

--Jeff