PDA

View Full Version : 2008 multileader style with landing underlining first mtext line

CAD cowboy
2008-06-11, 05:22 PM
I am looking for help with setting the spacing for the spacing of mtext above the landing line when using a style where the landing underlines the top line of text. No matter what I do, I cannot get the offset distance to change. I know that it is not controlled by the landing or landing distance. I have tried different text styles, paragraph spacing, changing the offset in dimension styles, etc., and nothing seems to work. Is there a system variable or something else I am missing? I know that the multileader can be exploded, but I do not want to have to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I have also posted this under AutoCAD 2008 general design.

dzatto
2008-06-12, 02:36 PM
I replied to the other post. Basically (on my machine anyway) you need to set Horizontal Landing to YES (in properties). Then the landing distance works or you can then stretch it using grips.

CAD cowboy
2008-06-12, 08:32 PM
Thank you for your reply. However, I am not sure that this addresses the aspect of multileaders that I am concerned with.

The solution that you posted, as I understand it, and best that I can tell, allows the landing to be adjusted vertically (left and right). What I am wondering is, is there a way to adjust the text horizontally (up and down) relative to the landing line. For example, assume that the mtext height is set to 0.18 inches, and the Line Spacing is set to Exactly, giving a seperation between text lines of 0.12 inches. With these settings, the multileader landing line is spaced 0.036 inches pelow the first (top) text line. What I would like to be able to do is change the position of the landling line between the text lines; for example, to exactly half way, or 0.06 inches. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about it?

dzatto
2008-06-12, 08:59 PM
Thank you for your reply. However, I am not sure that this addresses the aspect of multileaders that I am concerned with.

The solution that you posted, as I understand it, and best that I can tell, allows the landing to be adjusted vertically (left and right). What I am wondering is, is there a way to adjust the text horizontally (up and down) relative to the landing line. For example, assume that the mtext height is set to 0.18 inches, and the Line Spacing is set to Exactly, giving a seperation between text lines of 0.12 inches. With these settings, the multileader landing line is spaced 0.036 inches pelow the first (top) text line. What I would like to be able to do is change the position of the landling line between the text lines; for example, to exactly half way, or 0.06 inches. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about it?
yeah Yeah, already saw your other post AND Jeepcutie's post. Did I mention I was illiterate? :)