PDA

View Full Version : Annotative text inside a viewport...

DSBNick
2008-06-11, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I really hope someone can help me.
I have a loads of older revision drawings that have irregular shaped viewports. They come form polylines converted to vp's.
I cannot get my Atext to display in these vieports. If I zoom out a bit I see a white blotch where the text is, but as a zoom in, it all dissapears. This only happens with Atext, not regular text. Strangely the leader lines are not affected, despite being annotative themselves.
If i create a new standard VP from the menu, then i have no problem in that VP, all is well and it all displays correctly.
I have checked the scales and display settings, but to no avail.

HELP!
Nick

dzatto
2008-06-12, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I really hope someone can help me.
I have a loads of older revision drawings that have irregular shaped viewports. They come form polylines converted to vp's.
I cannot get my Atext to display in these vieports. If I zoom out a bit I see a white blotch where the text is, but as a zoom in, it all dissapears. This only happens with Atext, not regular text. Strangely the leader lines are not affected, despite being annotative themselves.
If i create a new standard VP from the menu, then i have no problem in that VP, all is well and it all displays correctly.
I have checked the scales and display settings, but to no avail.

HELP!
Nick
I've found that some text styles don't show up in irregular vports created from plines when annotative. Try using a new font. I use Romans. See if that works.