PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Set Placeholders

TerribleTim
2008-06-27, 04:06 PM
Ok, I know, try the search button. I went there first. I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Prolly need to work on my search skills. :razz:

I'm trying to use a field to call my sheet title from the SSM info. I have the sheets named correctly and all that. I tried placing the field in an Mtext box and as an attribute. But all I get is the field name ("sheettitle"), not the info I want it to call. Do I have to block the attirbute? Why won't it work in an Mtext box like my sheet number placeholder field? I tried a refresh, didn't work. I tried different drawings and sheet sets, still didn't work. Any advice on how to make this work? I want it to be a placeholder, so I can set it in the template and it will work for every drawing without altering it.

Thanks ahead of time to the one who answers. :cool:

joshua.jones
2008-06-27, 05:24 PM
If you want a field to display the sheet title, you need to select in the Field dialog box:

CurrentSheetTitle --> [text case]

Make sense?

TerribleTim
2008-06-27, 05:55 PM
Thanks Joshua! I was actually about to post that I had discovered that exact method. So yes, the CurrentSheetTitle field was what I was looking for. It worked great! Again, thanks! :cool: