PDA

View Full Version : Repairing corrupt project?

argh
2008-06-27, 05:33 PM
ACA 2008 project seems to be partially corrupt. It cannot re-path itself. I cannot modify anything on the Project tab: I cannot change/add levels or access the project details. It just ignores me. I can work in the elements, constructs, etc. I can add new elements... Anyone know how to get it working again?

Steve_Bennett
2008-07-08, 04:18 AM
What happens if you have everyone close out of the project, copy it to a new location and set the project in the new location current?

argh
2008-07-14, 04:37 AM
I tried that. I was able to access project details and levels. However, it wasn't clean. The new copy kept referencing the files in the previous locations. I would open a construct throught PN, it would open and edit in the new location. I would then go to the view and not see any changes, because it was looking at the file in the old location. I spent hours on Reference Manager sorting it out.

Now, I have the same problem in a different project and I don't want to repeat the fiasco, so I have not yet copied it.

chris.153150
2008-12-05, 02:57 PM
I tried that. I was able to access project details and levels. However, it wasn't clean. The new copy kept referencing the files in the previous locations. I would open a construct throught PN, it would open and edit in the new location. I would then go to the view and not see any changes, because it was looking at the file in the old location. I spent hours on Reference Manager sorting it out.

Now, I have the same problem in a different project and I don't want to repeat the fiasco, so I have not yet copied it.
I have the same problem except that I don't know how to use the Reference Manager to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!