PDA

View Full Version : Removing items from an install dwg

robert.pickeral
2008-07-01, 08:58 PM
I'm creating a new drawing that actually un-installs our electrical and structural equipment from an aircraft. My question is:

How do I illustrate the removal tasks? It's very detailed: 1) Remove hiloks. 2) Remove clevis fitting by removing hiloks illustrated...etc. I just can't point to an object with a callout or an Item Number.

On a typical install dwg, we show Notes (General & Flagnotes) on Sheet 1, Parts on Sheet 2 and the Field of Dwg on Sheets 3 thru X. But because there are so many notes and their specific to each detail on sheets, I'm wondering if I can place the notes on the same sheet as the detail, instead of Sheet 1. Having all the notes on Sheet 1 causes the reader (mechanic) to continuously flip back and forth from Sheet 1 and the detail sheet.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a ASME Standard or Global Standard for removing items from a dwg? Thanks!

S_Newton
2008-07-03, 01:28 PM
During aircraft assembly, the installer has a checklist. Very detailed. He must check off each task as it is completed, and somebody has to check that he has done everything on the list.

Perhaps it would be advantageous to have that 'sheet 1' be 8.5x11 paper with checkmark boxes for each task completed, as a supplement for the drawings.

Also, I'd have the leaders end with a number that corresponds to the task number, then have the note next to that.