PDA

View Full Version : Missing DLLs?

stusic
2008-07-07, 04:54 PM
Check attached screenshot. Not sure whether this problem is specific to Max or to mr since I've never run in to it before. Got "Missing DLLs: mentalray.dlz & mentalray_plugins.dlo". Any ideas?

Steve_Bennett
2008-07-08, 03:34 AM
Check attached screenshot. Not sure whether this problem is specific to Max or to mr since I've never run in to it before. Got "Missing DLLs: mentalray.dlz & mentalray_plugins.dlo". Any ideas?Your sig line says you run Max 9. Those look like the dll files from Max 2009... Have you upgraded yet? Are you on XP or Vista 64bit? Possibly you might need a fresh install cause somethings gone missing.

stusic
2008-07-08, 05:06 AM
I've got those files in:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\stdplugs

I'm running 64-bit max 9. I opened the same file (Dwayne's shoreline scene) on another computer with the same setup (minus the 64-bit) and didn't get the error. You think a reinstall will fix it? I'll give it a whirl.

dellis
2008-07-08, 01:31 PM
Which file of mine...the water one? That was done in MAX 2008....which would definetly give you those errors since changes were made to MR from 9 to 2008. If it is that file...i'm surprised it even opened in 9.

stusic
2008-07-08, 03:17 PM
Which file of mine...the water one? That was done in MAX 2008....which would definetly give you those errors since changes were made to MR from 9 to 2008. If it is that file...i'm surprised it even opened in 9.

Yeah, that's the one. I forgot that I upgraded my laptop to 2009, but haven't done that to my workstation yet, so that's why it opened there. Misinformation -- what a way to help you guys help me, eh?

So, anyways, it's a version issue? I guess I'll have to do something about that...

Thanks guys,