PDA

View Full Version : Aecc_contour

okonforti.91529
2008-07-07, 09:02 PM
Hi, we are upgrading to Civil 3D and I was trying to add Aecc_contour (that was created in LDD 2006) to my surface. For some reason it would not let me pick it.
I was wondering if there is a different approach for adding the contour object to the surface and I'm sure it's much easier then exploding it to polyline first....

Anyone?

Thanks,
O.K.

brian.hailey933139
2008-07-08, 02:18 PM
First thing I would do is ignore the contour all together and get the data that was used to create it in LDT into C3D (if possible). You can import your LDT surface directly into Civil 3D (File->Import->Import Land Desktop somethingorother).

If that isn't an option, you'll have to explode them to polylines to add them to a C3D surface.

okonforti.91529
2008-07-08, 03:00 PM
Thank you Brian,
I received a survey that was created in '06 where the contour objects already created. This is hard to believe that C3D which is the upgrade to LDD can't use Aecc_Contours to add to a surface. I was kidding about the Exploding part, did not think for one second that this new program will not be able to handle complex objects from earlier/older release.
Very disappointing...

Harold Pei Jr
2008-07-08, 05:35 PM
It's because it's not an upgrade from LDD, it's a different format. How Civil 3D handles surfaces (object based) is different from LDD (line base).
I would just import the data as Brian had mentioned, less hassle for you.

brian.hailey933139
2008-07-08, 06:54 PM
Thank you Brian,
I received a survey that was created in '06 where the contour objects already created. This is hard to believe that C3D which is the upgrade to LDD can't use Aecc_Contours to add to a surface. I was kidding about the Exploding part, did not think for one second that this new program will not be able to handle complex objects from earlier/older release.
Very disappointing...

This is one of the biggest hurdles LDT users have to get over when transitioning to C3D. This is not an update (as already mentioned). This is a whole new animal. There is some limited compatibility between the two programs but, please, for the sake of your keyboard, don't think of C3D as an upgrade to LDT.