PDA

View Full Version : Make tool properties available in the Content Browser

gregb
2008-07-10, 09:52 PM
Summary: Change the properties window for tools in the Content Browser to provide the same information available for tools in palettes.

Description: When right-clicking on a tool in the Content Browser and selecting the Properties option have it bring up the same properties window you would see if you right-clicked on a tool placed on a palette instead of the Name/Description/Keyword/Author dialog box that is currently available.

How Used: When it comes time to fix tools that aren't working properly or to meet new office standards, instead of having to find the original drawing that has the tool in question, making the necessary changes, recreating the tool and updating every user's palette, the CAD Manager could right-click on the tool in the Content Browser and change the settings right there.

Feature Affinity: Content Browser

hal9000
2008-08-02, 01:20 PM
+1

It`s great idea!!! I think about it too.

lauren.stassi
2008-10-09, 08:01 PM
This would be great!

To update a tool right now I have to drag it from the content browser to my tool palette, make the change I need, then delete the original in the content browser and drag the updated tool from the palette to the content browser- so many extra steps!