PDA

View Full Version : weld symbol leaders

mmcfadden
2008-07-16, 04:58 PM
how do you re-position the leaders in the weld symbol family?
i have changed the configuration of the weld symbol a bit to conform to company standards and now the leader lines are off. I cant find anything in the weld symbol family that represents leader location.

thanks for any help..........

anthonyf
2008-07-16, 08:16 PM
Hi,

There was a post with a few examples of fixing this; I can't remember where I've seen it,
Post a copy of your weld family, and I'll take a look, (From memory you need to offset the origin ref plane)

Regards
Anthony

mmcfadden
2008-07-16, 08:59 PM
here you go,

thanks again for any help with this..

anthonyf
2008-07-16, 09:28 PM
I've had a very brief look

We found the best way when setting up our weld symbols was to have separate left and right symbols for each weld type, (see example attched) you should be able to reverse engineer these to suit your company standards, let me know if you need any help.

Regards

mmcfadden
2008-07-16, 09:52 PM
I still just dont understand what controls the dimension leader origin point.

anthonyf
2008-07-17, 07:38 PM
Hi,

I see what you mean (I still don't understand it myself), If you play around with the files I attached above you should be able to generate your welds symbols, it took me a few go’s to generate ours.

Regards

Anthony

djn
2008-07-21, 02:30 PM
From my playing around with weld symbols it seems that what controls the position of the leader depends on what and where your annotation and annotation symbols are put into the family. If you have a bunch of elements in a family image that there is a box drawn around all of them. The leader with try and spring from the most left or right side of the box, and will try and spring from the center of the box vertically. It seems though you can trick where the leader springs from by moving the center defining reference planes around.