PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a Plotter/Plot Server Guru?

sandy.sebastian
2004-09-20, 10:08 PM
I am looking for someone that can optimize a plot server, plotters & printers.

Is there anyone out there that can help or knows of someone or a service that would provide that kind of talent?

I am looking to set up a contract with someone that might come in for a week or so, get everything in order & be available to assist if an emergency arises.

mjfarrell
2004-09-20, 10:09 PM
What is your network Operating System?
Also has the server already been purchased?

sandy.sebastian
2004-09-21, 02:52 AM
We will be getting a new server when we upgrade the workstations in the next 60-90 days. The server will be set up with os 2000 (I think). That is the corporate standard right now. The new workstations will be running xp pro.

We have that would be running on a separate server:

two oce TDS 600, one with a folder
two HP1050C, one with a multi paper feeder
one HP laserjet 5se with multi paper feeder & duplexer, due to be upgraded or replaced
one HP color deskjet 9300
A large format oce B/W scanner
A large format oce color scanner

We have a great deal of difficulty with pdf files (corporate standard for legal docs). There is also a general concensus that we 'just don't have something tweeked just right'. A pro would help us get everything set for max production (both hardware and software). We print dwg, tif, pdf, dwf, jpg, etc.

We are not a professional printing firm, but printed over 1,000,000 square feet of paper this year alone. Who said we live in a paperless world? :)

HP does not offer any kind of service like this. They leave it up to the resellers. - To me that can be a roll of the dice.

Ms. Serene
2004-09-28, 07:54 PM
Where are you located, I might know a few people?