PDA

View Full Version : CIP - Construction in Progress

Scott D Davis
2003-08-06, 01:18 AM
Here is one I thought I would share. The first image (pool and court view) is a model built and rendered entirely in Revit....starting around Revit 1.X! (Rendering done in 3.0, if I remember correctly.) The model was completed for a Design Review Board in Los Angeles, well before any construction was started.

The second photo (img_2415) is a construction progress photo I took today, from about the same location. The pool in the rendering is being done at a later date, but the rest of it is pretty accurate! It was fun for me to see the before and after (or should I say 'during'). I'll take more and share them with you all as the building nears completion.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=357

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=358

Steve_Stafford
2003-08-06, 02:11 AM
Hey is that scaffold a Revit model?? The second photo is the render right?? (kidding)...Where the heck did that building come from or did you "forget" to model it too?

Nice! Let's see if they can get the real water to look as good...

Oh, what did you do to get that photo angle, shimmey up a light pole? The office got a company bucket truck for those site photo missions? Gosh it must be nice to work for your firm... :D

aggockel50321
2003-08-06, 11:50 AM
Nice job, Scott.

Where in LA is the project?

The only difference I notice is the position of your background photo in the rendering vs. the actual background.

As hard as I've tried on some of the stuff I've done, getting the position & scale of the 2d background photo correct is really tough, a lot of trial & error.

I saw a thread discussing this problem, I think in Wishlists.

Scott D Davis
2003-08-06, 04:04 PM
Hey thanks for the comments, guys!

Steve, yeah the 'existing' building in the photo did not get modeled. I actually had it in the model as a mass, but it did not add anything to the rendering, other than a large box, so I took it out. The photo was taken from a hillside adjacent to the project.

Andrew, the project is near the 405 Fwy and Mulholland Drive. The "valley" is the view in the distance, and if you look closely, Van Nuys Airport can be seen. The background photo was actually taken from near the center of the building site, but I tried to make it work for this rendering....it got stretched out and not positioned very well, but still provided a 'sense' of the background.