PDA

View Full Version : Field justification

rgorman
2004-09-21, 03:17 PM
When entering a text string field(such as a save date or plot date) using 'center' justification(or any of them for that matter, OTHER that 'start', The text will appear in the correct place UNTIL a redraw. At that point the start point of the text will jump to where the insert point was indicated. eg: the text will START at the point where CENTER was chosen. VERY annoying. When it is moved to the correct relative position it will jump again to the CORRECT justification point and then needs to be moved AGAIN. <sarcasm on>But after that, it's fine.

Is this a known glitch? If not, it is now....

Thanks,

Ray G.

mjfarrell
2004-09-21, 03:21 PM
Ray what happens if instead of using REDRAW you
use REGEN?
And instead of moving them to attempt to correct,
you use the update fields command.

rgorman
2004-09-21, 05:55 PM
REGEN - No change

UPDATEFIELD - No change

However- REGEN, then doubleclick on object, choose "cancel' - position returns to correct location.

RobertB
2004-09-21, 07:39 PM
This doesn't happen to me. Are your video drivers up-to-date? What type of text object is the field in? Is the field by itself, or is there plain text too?

rgorman
2004-09-21, 08:38 PM
Video Drivers are up to date- It happens when ONLY when the field is by itself, such as a
"savedate". I haven't really checked ALL the field type options, but this is annoying as it is.

Mtext seems to be okay.

RobertB
2004-09-22, 12:02 AM
When you say, "all by itself", you mean created with the Field command? You are aware that simply rolls into MText anyway?

P.S. I cannot replicate your problem. Have you audited the drawing?

jimmy.bergmark
2004-09-22, 10:32 AM
Have you tried it after installing SP1? Might been solved.

rgorman
2004-09-22, 03:56 PM
SP1?.... oh well, I should pay more attention to that stuff... I'll give it a go and see if it helps.