PDA

View Full Version : Style Manager

HeribertoOlivo
2008-08-05, 02:05 AM
Ok, this is an easy question. I am not quite sure how to use the Set From command from the style manager, and I was looking in the ACA help menu in the style manager section but there is no reference about that command. Is there somebody who wants to help me with that issue? I am just curious about that one. Also there is another button that I have not tried the Inline Edit Toggle.

dkoch
2008-08-05, 02:10 AM
Ok, this is an easy question. I am not quite sure how to use the Set From command from the style manager, and I was looking in the ACA help menu in the style manager section but there is no reference about that command. Is there somebody who wants to help me with that issue? I am just curious about that one. Also there is another button that I have not tried the Inline Edit Toggle.
Set from would be used for styles that require selecting AutoCAD objects (often LWPolylines) for use by the style. For example, a Profile requires a closed LWPolyline to define the shape of the Profile. Draw the polyline, fire up the Style Manager, create a new Profile, right click on it and choose Set From, then pick the polyline.

(Or something close to that - the above was from memory, so I may not have everything 100% correct.)

HeribertoOlivo
2008-08-06, 02:54 PM
What about the "Inline edit toggle" button?

H-Angus
2008-08-06, 03:01 PM
What about the "Inline edit toggle" button?

That toggle allows you to view styles by viewing a styles properties in a list rather than by dialogue boxes. Try it out, click the button then go try and edit a style, you'll see a text file of sorts showing all the information (well not all) usually contained in dialogue boxes.

ray.205827
2009-11-23, 03:03 AM
That toggle allows you to view styles by viewing a styles properties in a list rather than by dialogue boxes. Try it out, click the button then go try and edit a style, you'll see a text file of sorts showing all the information (well not all) usually contained in dialogue boxes.

Re your location, is that anywhere near Londinium?

H-Angus
2009-11-24, 08:24 AM
Re your location, is that anywhere near Londinium?

Yep just a bit further east.;)

ray.205827
2009-12-02, 06:13 AM
I see. I hail from NE17 originally but currently reside in Denver Colorado by way of:
Kamloops, Vancouver, Prince George, Kelowna Whitehorse, Kelowna, Squamish, Sechelt, Langdale, Vancouver, (all in Canada) then Marlton NJ, Merchantville NJ, Phoenix AZ. Presently playing with Autocad MEP, Revit MEP, Ecotect, Quickpen PD3D and CadDuct. Do you ever visit Epping Forest?

H-Angus
2009-12-02, 07:59 AM
I see. I hail from NE17 originally but currently reside in Denver Colorado by way of:
Kamloops, Vancouver, Prince George, Kelowna Whitehorse, Kelowna, Squamish, Sechelt, Langdale, Vancouver, (all in Canada) then Marlton NJ, Merchantville NJ, Phoenix AZ. Presently playing with Autocad MEP, Revit MEP, Ecotect, Quickpen PD3D and CadDuct. Do you ever visit Epping Forest?

Yeah occasionally, well travel through rather than visit I suppose, nice part of the world though.
Sounds like you've travelled about quite a bit, not sure if I could switch over to feet and inches, I've only just learnt how to count to ten :)
I'm on Acad Architecture, I guess we'll be heading for revit before too long though.